Wednesday, April 9, 2008

Do trucks jump out of planes?

As promised, I am here to present the next part of my airport adventure with Naum, which I would like to call:

Photobucket

Naum had given me instructions on when to pick him up. No problem. Thankfully for me my day at school wasn't too long so I went home after class, had some lunch, and awaited the time to leave. Suddenly I get a call from Naum. His plane seems to have landed 20 minutes early. I'm out the door and at the airport in record time (I might have gotten there later but Naum's navigation advise got me there sooner. Don't mess with this man).

In perfect Naum fashion, we bend the rules a bit and I pick him up at the departures section. Take that paid parking. We are on the road to Providence and Naum is telling me about his trip. As we converse, I notice the truck in front of me has some decorations, primarily a pair of stainless steel testicles hanging from the bottom of the rear bumper. I decide to keep driving and ignore these traveling testies until Naum sees them too. "What are those?" Naum asks me. "Well Naum, I believe those are testicles." The conversation continued as we notice there is also a decal for a paratrooper and we assume the driver is a military man. Naum goes on to hypothesize that this man (well, I was hoping it wasn't a woman) has great fortitude to put this on his truck. My guess was that the truck was the tough one and maybe it jumped out of planes. Who knows? We finally pass it and Naum sees the driver. "Oh! He's old! He's as old as I am!" Wonderful images flood my head. We make it to his home, he tells me he owes me lunch, and once again a good time was had by all.

I would have gotten this post up sooner, but I have been rather busy as of late. Lots going on with school, papers, and the play. But I promise to keep the interesting stuff coming as it comes my way.

No comments:

Post a Comment