Saturday, April 5, 2008

Planes, plays, and not much else

The production of You Can't Take It With You that I am performing in unofficially opened last night. I say unofficially because it was for a benefit, not for the members and guests of the theater. Whatever you want to call it, it went well. The crowd was very responsive and everyone seemed to have enjoyed themselves. Tonight is our official opening and I hope we do just as well, if not better. This show is certainly fun but at the same time I've been working on it for so long I am glad that the actual shows are now happening.

Today I was up and out of here early. I had done some research for a paper, but before doing that I met up with one of my professors from school by the name of Naum Panovski for something I would like to call:

Naum

Yes, the experience was so fun that I made up a picture for it.

For those who don't know him, Naum is a professor at Rhode Island College in the MFA program. He is very knowledgeable, helpful, and apparently has three homes: one in Providence, one in New York, and one in Washington, D.C. Despite trying to tell him that people usually save money by picking one place to live, he assured me he knew what he was doing. All kidding aside, Naum had asked me to drive him to the airport this morning. Unfortunately for Naum, he asked the person ranked #2 in the "people with horrible senses of direction" list (My girlfriend Jamie is #1, although she might be a lot lower on the list now because of a GPS, which might make me #1). And yes, I did get a little turned around trying to find his apartment, but in my defense the street I had to turn on was not clearly marked and/or visible. True enough this is in my home of Providence, but I digress. I got Naum to the airport on time, having delightful conversations along the away. A good time was had by all.

Tune in this coming Monday when I have to pick him up. Expect another picture.

No comments:

Post a Comment