Monday, March 16, 2009

Ramblings from a rambling kind of guy

Just some random thoughts to share...

I just came back from Watchmen. Whew! I'm glad I finally saw it. I've been waiting to see this movie for ages, way before it came out. I have to say that it was well worth the wait. For those of you worried that it would be too different from the graphic novel, it's pretty true to the source. All in a "compact" 2 hours and 45 minutes! The wonders of movie magic, folks.

My tenure at RIC feels like its coming to a close at rapid pace. I'm almost through year 2 (of 3) and today we had a meeting about our final projects. The two main things that seem to need approval are the budget and the space. I don't think my budget is unreasonable, however I would sincerely like to perform on campus. Yet I am receiving word that two of the possible open spaces are "crap". That's right. Two steaming piles of dog doo. Lovely.

It was great seeing Jamie this past weekend. She was down here for NETCs (that's New England Theatre Conference for those of you playing the home game), which are held in Natick, MA, and I went down to see her. Unfortunately the trip to Natick took much longer than it should have. I had to stop on the highway to double check the exit and the clerk at the gas station sent me west when I needed to go east. I realize I should have just known from the get-go, yet a trip that would have taken 1 hour and 15 minutes took nearly 2 and a half. Oy...but a good time was had by all. I didn't have to rush out on Sunday despite having a show in Saugus that afternoon and I also got to see my buddy Frank.

I've been doing a ton of stuff with Kaleidoscope lately. Enough to warrant another blog entry with them, seeing that I haven't done one in a while. I just did a show of Little Red and there is a performance of BULLY this Thursday. This is on top of some other performances going on, including helping (a different) Frank with a performance, taking part in an MFA final, and the Barker Playhouse gala. Such high demand, yet most of it is free work. As in free on my end.

Some of you may be aware of a movie that is haunting my life. It. Will. Not. Die. Apparently I got to deal with some contract BS and I get to (da, da-da, DA) film some more! Kill me! Slowly and painfully! With something blunt, like a ladle.

That's all for now.

No comments:

Post a Comment