Saturday, May 9, 2009

Now you too can work for Harlequin

I realized today that there is a very easy and effective way to add about eight layers of cheese to any story. It's all possible with one line and I'm about to reveal that line to you. It is:

"We made passionate love that very night."

Indeed. Because let's face it, sex is usually pretty funny. At least it's funny when it is in a random context, I think. When you think about it, it's very similar to the "in bed" rule for fortune cookies. While it may not be as compact, and as we are about to see it makes a horrible acronym, WMPLTVN is good for an inner monologue or perhaps even a story. Let's cook up an example:

"I was walking to my car from Hallmark as another woman was about to cross into the parking along with me. The woman did not seem to be paying attention as a car was speeding down the road. Luckily, I was able to say 'excuse me, miss' and stop her just in time."

There you have it. An everyday incident that could quite happen. Now to cheese it up and perhaps make it humorous.


"I was walking to my car from Hallmark as another woman was about to cross into the parking along with me. The woman did not seem to be paying attention as a car was speeding down the road. Luckily, I was able to say 'excuse me, miss' and stop her just in time.

We made passionate love that very night."

Whoa now! Did you see what just happened? This may have been a poor example, however, as the danger of the speeding car might have influenced love making. Let's try something else.

"I was waiting by the bus stop and realized I forgot my watch. I asked a gentleman next to me if the bus was running late. He told me we still had a couple of minutes before it was technically late."

BORRRRRRRIIIIIINNNG. Let's sex it up!

"I was waiting by the bus stop and realized I forgot my watch. I asked a gentleman next to me if the bus was running late. He told me we still had a couple of minutes before it was technically late.

We made passionate love that very night."

SWEET!

Please feel free to help me think of a good term for using this phrase. Perhaps you and I can make an Internet sensation.

No comments:

Post a Comment